With a wonderful movie trailer, The Student is a Russian drama film. This film based on a spin around a young man who has match a religious zealot whose attitude gradually has an influence on his environment and the whole school which at last leads to inversion. A high school student becomes realized that the earth is lost to evil and start to challenge the ethics and trust of the adults nearby him.
After Venya’s mother takes a call from school reporting her son’s denial to take part in compound swimming lessons, she first suspects her adolescent of being shy and make fun of his claim that it is “against his religion.” As Venya is finally delivered by the school’s Orthodox principal, he grows confident that his proper and severe study of the Bible delivers him the power to manipulate all forms of authority. Challenged by a teacher who rejects to assent to his dogma, he sets out to extract her and suppress an entire society. At a time when contention over the teaching of religion in public schools is distinguished in the media, this wildly escalating classroom drama— founded on a play by German playwright Marius von Mayenburg—serves as a frightening cautionary tale.
Let’s Introduce with Industry Leading partner:
- Director: Kirill Serebrennikov
- Writer: Kirill Serebrennikov, Marius von Mayenburg
- Actors: Pyotr Skvortsov, Viktoriya Isakova, Yuliya Aug, Aleksandra Revenko, Aleksandr Gorchilin, Irina Rudniktskaya, Svetlana Bragarnik, Anton Vasilev, Nikolay Roshchin
- Genre: Foreign, Thriller,
- Run Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Release Date: April 21st, 2017