All best toaster are available in the market in different types accompanied very often with other features. The price range varies considerably from one model to another as well. Yes, it is true, a toaster is used to grill bread and so all the choices may seem good, making the mission very simple. But then, once you try to navigate the market, you end up with a lot of models and the simple mission becomes quite complicated. We will help you find the best toaster for your kitchen to have perfect toast.
The toaster is ideal for preparing delicious sandwiches
Have you ever heard: A king’s breakfast, a prince’s breakfast, and a poor man’s dinner? Although this is an old saying, know that it is the secret of a good diet. We may not be here for a nutrition lesson, but your first meal will have a big impact on the energy you get for the rest of your day. Of course, there are various breakfasts and we can not limit ourselves to one.
Previously, the culinary world was laborious and required a colossal investment since it was necessary to use the methods of yesteryear either for grilling bread or preparing meals. Today, robots have replaced the hand of man to bring you a good dose of practicality. Consumers are therefore looking for products able to meet their needs, this will be the case with the best toaster, the juicer or the blender.
Best toasters in 2018
To make it easier for you to quickly find your next toaster, the table below lists the best toasters available on the market. After having tested several, our team has come up with a list that will certainly fill you and dazzle you. They have been tested and evaluated for their ease of use (as well as cleaning) and their ability to grill a single slice or even a succession of slices until we get that perfect golden color that we like so much.
Obviously, we also have something for everyone and budgets with some models that are not expensive at all!
|Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Retro Style Toaster, Black & Stainless Steel
|Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Retro Style Toaster, Black & Stainless Steel
|BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Toaster, Classic Oval, Black with Stainless Steel Accents
|Hamilton Beach Smart Toast Extra-Wide
|Cuisinart CPT-340 Compact Stainless 4-Slice Toaster
||Best price on Amazon|
|Bonsaii T866 4-Slice Bagel or Bread Toaster
The world of small appliances has evolved over the years since it is now possible to acquire many devices whether for the preparation of meals or breakfast.
The small appliance is at the heart of a profound revolution
Each time, the specifics are studied from every angle, because manufacturers do not offer the same features. You will be able to quickly target the small appliances able to satisfy you by comparing all the references. This is a nice tip not to put aside because the benefits are particularly interesting. An additional feature is usually enough to convince customers who want to be closer to a balanced and healthy diet. As a result, the toaster will become your best friend especially if you are a fan of toast.
Tips for toasting bread
- First, check that the thickness of the slices fits the size of the toaster, if it is too thick try thinner slices, or cutting the edges.
- Usually, people complain that roasting is not uniform but this is because if the slice is too large, the edges collide with the heat coils.
- But if you know that you are going to use thin slices the slots should be small, this ensures a good roasting, without bending the slice or that is uneven on each side.
- All brands of toasters recommend that before toasting any bread for the first time, you must operate it at least 3 times at its maximum power, this instruction is part of the manual.
- It is normal to give off a smell of plastic or metal burned but does not be alarmed, this same process helps to sterilize the bread trays and ensures that the power levels do not get out of hand later on.
- Lean on the manual to know the temperatures you can use depending on the type of bread you want to use, this is a mistake I made at the beginning, I thought that if the white bread used a certain temperature, the rest should be the same, but it is not so.
- Do not use metal objects to remove the slices from the toasters and of course do not put your hands if it is still hot use nylon tweezers without metal parts.
- Take precautions not to connect it or put it near water.
What features are really useful?
Thermostat: You want to be in control of the color of your toast and its texture? This option will be very useful to you. You usually have two thermostat choices: a manual and another electronic. The manual lets you adjust the temperature yourself according to the thickness. Electronics, meanwhile, is able to adjust the intensity of heat so that your bread is crispy outside and soft inside. And this, because the temperature is homogeneous when it comes to the electronic thermostat.
Defrosting: This adds extra cooking time for the item to thaw before grilling, which can still be used.
Pastry function: This setting is designed to grill one side of the pastry and warm the other side so that it keeps its softness.
Crumb Tray: A front-sliding crumb tray is the best option as it can be emptied and cleaned while the toaster is hot. If the bin is located at the back, you must move or raise the toaster to access the bin after it has cooled down. This makes it easy for you to clean your appliance and prevents you from shaking it at the end of each use to get rid of breadcrumbs.
Cool Touch: You want to protect your fingers and those of your children too. That’s why there are now toasters with walls that stay cold even during cooking.
Extra-high lift: To avoid getting burned, this feature allows you to recover your well-grilled slices without bringing your hands closer to the heat source.
Removable grids: Also for safety, these tongs or grids allow you to raise your slices of bread without burning yourself.
How to clean a toaster
Many people leave it endless days without cleaning, and the truth is that you never know that you can hide in there after a while.
With regard to the cleaning of toasters, these usually have a grid or tray collects crumbs that can be removed very easily from the device, guaranteeing a greater cleaning of the same, which will result in a longer useful life.
You will need to
- Small pastry brush or medium brush
- Warm soapy water
- 1 dry kitchen cloth
To do so, first, remove the tray of crumbs from the bottom and clean it. Then clean the inside and outside. When finished, the toaster will be as good as new, clean and ready to use. here are some tips for you to clean toasters-
Clean the crumb tray
- Unplug the toaster and take it to the workplace. It is very important to unplug the toaster before cleaning it to avoid electric shock. After doing so, take it to a flat, wide surface, such as a table or counter top. It extends a page of the newspaper to work on her and thus it is easier to pick up the crumbs.
- Remove the crumb tray. Most toasters have a removable tray on the bottom called crumb tray. In general, you should be able to slide it out easily. If you do not know how to remove it, consult the instruction manual
- Shake the crumb tray. Flip the crumb tray and shake it well to remove all debris, dust, dirt and lose the crumbs.
- You can shake the tray of crumbs on the newspaper that you extend. However, it may be easier to shake it on the garbage to throw away the crumbs immediately.
- Clean the crumb tray with warm soapy water. Wipe the crumb tray over the sink with warm water and mild liquid detergent. Wash it as you would with any other dish. To clean it completely, remove stains and crumbs stuck and set aside to dry.
- Clean a non-removable crumb tray. If the toaster does not have a removable crumb tray, put it on its head and gently shake it on the newspaper or garbage for a few minutes. This should empty most of the loose crumbs.
Clean the rest of the toaster
- Clean the crumbs inside. Use a pastry brush or a clean toothbrush to clean the grills inside the toaster. To remove all crumbs stuck inside these passes the brush or brush in the same direction they follow.
- In general, it is a good idea to turn the toaster oven and shake it again after removing the crumbs from the inside.
- Clean the interior slots. Lightly moisten the toothbrush with vinegar. Then, place it back in the toaster and scrub the grids to clean and remove all debris, dirt and crumbs stuck.
- Just moisten the toothbrush with vinegar. A soaked toothbrush can cause puddles of dirty water to form on the bottom of the toaster.
- Clean the outside of the toaster. Take a cloth moistened with vinegar and use it to clean the sides of the toaster. If there are stubborn stains, use a little baking soda to gently scrub. To avoid scratching the toaster, use a sponge that does not scratch or a cleaning cloth.
Keep the toaster clean
- Thoroughly clean the toaster once a month. Once a month, clean the toaster thoroughly. To do this, clean the crumb tray and then the inside and outside with vinegar. This will prevent the toaster from accumulating too many crumbs and other debris.
- Empty the crumbs once a week. Once a week, remove the tray of crumbs and toss it in the garbage. If you do not have a removable tray, turn the toaster over and shake it.
- Clean the outside every day. Every day, when you do the daily cleaning of the kitchen, do not overlook the toaster. Wipe it with a damp cloth or a cloth moistened with vinegar. This will prevent dirt and dust from building up on the outside of the toaster.
- Just clean a cold toaster. Cleaning a hot toaster is asking for a burn.
- Just plug into the wall with dry hands.
- Never put a knife in the toaster. If the toaster is plugged in, you risk electrocuting yourself.
- Do not submerge the toaster in water under any circumstances.
If you have a stainless steel toaster, after cleaning it, you can polish it with a cloth moistened with vinegar, you will see how it shines!
Buttered sandwiches are always very appreciable
Breakfast is considered by professionals as the most important meal of the day. It must meet certain specificity in terms of caloric intake whether for children, seniors or young workers. You will need to unsheathe your best toasters to prepare delicious sandwiches with jam or butter. We must not forget a fruit juice, a dairy product, and a hot drink.
If you want your best toasters to work properly for years, you will need to take good care of it. And who says care, says a good regular cleaning.
Even though most of us use it very regularly, we do not think about it first when we think “cleaning”. And yet, it is the device that makes us very good toast each morning! It is, therefore, time for us to take a moment of our day and clean it up. Because yes, when there are crumbs stuck inside, you will feel the burned and it can even be dangerous. You will see, however, that the operation is simple and will not require much time.